JOB TITLE: Maintenance Team Member
REPORTS TO: Facilities & Food Services Manager
STATUS: Hourly & Commensurate with training & experience with an average of 20-25 hours per week
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Graduate with some experience in routine maintenance service, custodial services, and ground keeping
- Able to operate basic equipment used to clean and maintain buildings and grounds.
- Capable of following directions and making decisions using good judgment.
- Able to co-exists with educational professionals and children and families
- Capable of using measurements to provide a safe and sanitary environment.
- Works as a member of the maintenance team, assisting others when necessary
- Valid State of Indiana Operator Driver License and capable of being covered by organization’s insurance
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Routine cleaning Services- Trash removal, sweeping, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, kitchen/restroom cleaning throughout building to insure clean, orderly, and safe facilities.
- Routine Maintenance Services- simple repairs, relocate furniture, change light bulbs, touch up and entire room painting, unclog fixtures/drains.
- Ground Services- Lawn Care (mowing, trimming, edging), weed control, leaf removal, shrub trimming, mulching, debris removal, snow removal, and ice control.
- Special Cleaning Services- Clean Carpets, Strip/refinish hard surface floors, replace ceiling tiles, clean air vents/ducts, cooking ventilation system.
- Assist in meeting licensing/monitors/funders, and legal requirements- Fire Codes, Building Codes, Division of Family and Children, Health and Safety, and Child and Adult Food Program and others.
This Job Description is not meant to be exhaustive. Other responsibilities may be included as directed by the Executive Director or Supervisor.
Return to Jobs Listings
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You can also download an application and mail it with a resume and cover letter to:
Carver Community Organization
Attn: Executive Director
400 S.E. 8th Street, Evansville, IN 47713
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/D/V & Drug-Free Workplace