Your primary duties would be picking up children from school and transporting them back to our facilities or picking up students at our facilities and transporting to schools or designated service delivery sites. Nonexempt Part-Time, 10 or more hours per week.
• Plan and pick up youth participants in safe and timely manner
• Always monitor children assuring their welfare, health, and safety
• Keep Youth Program Coordinator & assistants appraised of any student behavior concerns
• Assure vehicle is clean and optimally prepared to operate with fuel, oil and fluids, with clean windshields and mirrors.
• Conduct routine safety inspection of the van including but not limited to interior, exterior, brakes, tires, headlamps, taillights; report mechanical malfunctions or other concerns to Program Coordinator.
• Must LOVE, RESPECT, and ENJOY children and youth;
• Must have high school diploma or GED
• Ability to lift a minimum of 45 pounds
• Valid Driver's License with a clean driving record and ability to safely operate a van
• Familiar with local school locations along with other local areas and ability to read maps
• Maintain CURRENT Universal Precautions, First Aid and Adult and Infant/Child CPR Training;
• Safe and defensive driving practices
• Attend required staff meetings, training and development sessions
LEVEL OF DECISION MAKING
• Compliance with and enforcement of Carver policies and procedures, including the Confidentiality Policy and State regulations.
DECISIONS REFERRED TO HIGHER AUTHORITY
• Removing or suspending students from transportation program;
• Purchases of supplies
This Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive. Other responsibilities may be included as directed by the Youth Program Coordinator or Executive Director.
Carver Community Organization
Attn: Executive Director
400 S.E. 8th Street, Evansville, IN 47713
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/D/V & Drug-Free Workplace