POSITION TITLE: Program Leader
PROGRAM: Youth Programs
REPORTS TO: Youth Program Coordinator
LOCATION: C.K. Newsome Community Center
STATUS: Nonexempt Part Time, 20 or more hours/week
- Plan and implement daily activities as directed by the Youth Program Coordinator specifically related to your assigned area of focus.
- Assist in the orchestration of cooperative ventures between Carver & Community Partners.
- Communicate as directed by Multigenerational Program Coordinator & assistant with parents or other adult family members.
- Assist Multigenerational Program Coordinator in the maintenance of student files to ensure confidentiality and accuracy of personal information.
- Prepare and serve meals and/or snacks.
- Monitor children during fieldtrips, structured free time in and outdoors, and meals.
- Assist in monitoring of student attendance, behavior, and meal participation.
- Assist with the preparation, presentation and clean up of projects and activities including maintenance of bulletin boards.
- Assist in planning and implementing youth-related special events.
Program Focus Areas: Academics, the Arts, and Structured Recreation.
- Must LOVE, RESPECT, and ENJOY children and youth.
- Must have high school diploma or GED; Associate degree completed or in progress, preferably in the field of Education or Social Work; or a Child and Youth Care Practitioner certification
- Knowledge of youth development.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written skills
- Fundamental computer skills (Data Entry, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Adobe Page Maker, Photo Shop, and Internet)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 45 pounds
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a sense of humor
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to safely operate a van
- Maintain CURRENT Universal Precautions, First Aid and Adult and Infant/Child CPR Training.
- Attend ALL Staff meetings, training, and development sessions
LEVEL OF DECISION MAKING
- Participation in the development of challenging age-appropriate activities
- Compliance with and enforcement of Carver policies and procedures, including the Confidentiality Policy and State regulations
DECISIONS REFERRED TO HIGHER AUTHORITY
- Removing or suspending students from program.
- Purchases of supplies.
- Obligating organization to new partnerships and collaborations
This Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive. Other responsibilities may be included as directed by the Multigenerational Coordinator or Executive Director.
Return to Jobs Listings
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You can also download an application and mail it with a resume and cover letter to:
Carver Community Organization
Attn: Executive Director
400 S.E. 8th Street, Evansville, IN 47713
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/D/V & Drug-Free Workplace